Hall blog

Family, Friends, Adventures, and Decor

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

docking station

We started with a metal file box that I scored for $1.00 at a resale shop.
The hubs drilled holes in the back.
Literally took less than 3 minutes.
The honey added some washers to clean up the holes.
He didn't even complain once.
He totally scored some points with me.


We wanted to put something down to protect the cell phones from getting scratched up, so we used a piece of linoleum.
If you are going to do this project it is important to use a metal box versus paper.
I have read that the devices can sometimes get hot.


This is how it looked in the end. It fits all 3 cell phones and enough room to charge the ds's.



I may paint it or add a really cool knob I bought. If I do I will for sure show you. But so far we like it the way it is. It is alot better than a pile of cell phones and ds's.





1 comment:

  1. i LOVE it!!!! i want one!!! :) nice teamwork you two!

    ReplyDelete