Hall blog

Family, Friends, Adventures, and Decor

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

diaper cake

A friend of mine is having a baby shower this weekend and I have always wanted to make a diaper cake. They go for about $68.00 if you order them online. I made mine for roughly $30 bones. Here is a list of supplies that I used.
1. Glitter card board for the base
2. stickers
3. rubber bands
4. diapers
5.double sided tape
6. topper of your choice ( I used a nest with a sparkly blue egg cause she is having a boy in the spring)
I used a rubber band to make the center ring
then I took another rubber band around one of those and kept building upon each other.



I found these cute stickers to embelish. I have seen people use silk flowers and also tuck in baby toys here and there.






I cut a cardboard base out of sparkly scrapbook paper. My friend is kinda a sparkly girl so tho she is having a boy I think she will dig the blue bling.
I am a nature kind of girl so I love the spring reference with the birds nest. I hope she does to.





1 comment: