Hall blog

Family, Friends, Adventures, and Decor

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Missing Buttcheeks!

I took the boys to Stones Trace to see the way they used to do things in the late 1800's and early 1900's. When I was a kid my parents would take us and there would be several groups one of which would dress like Indians and travel in T.p.'s. It was quite amazing. Full leather outfits I remember very distinctly the flaps on the back of the leather pants the use is only up to the imagination in our house. Maybe an air vent or could be for quick bathroom use. Whatever. If they moved just right you could see a cheek. This stood out to me as a child. So like any good mother of two little boys I totally talked up the buttcheeks to my kids. Times sure have changed. We didn't see one cheek. There were hardly any Indians at all. What the heck. I am starting to sound like my parents when I compain how things were better when I was a kid.

















1 comment:

  1. that's funny. i suppose it's kind of inappropriate to be flashing cheeks at a family learning place! :) it's a good memory though! where is this place, it looks really cool!

    ReplyDelete