Hall blog

Family, Friends, Adventures, and Decor

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Beatle birthday bash


Parker wanted a Beatles Birthday Bash. So I found some old Records from a garage sale for $3.00 and glued them together for a decoration to hang on the wall. I made some record bowls in the oven by putting a record on top of an oven safe bowl upside down. Let it bake until it melts down into a bowl shape. hung string and balloons in blue and black. Made a peace and love back drop (for photos) from material I found at a local Mennonite resale shop for $4.00. Found some 70's prizes at a garage sale for $3.00. Took my milk glass and hot glued some washed records to make a stand to put appetizers on. Made two batches of cupcakes and put them all together in the shape of a guitar. Borrowed my boses record player and my moms records. Which by luck she had Chipmunks sing the Beatles. Rented some Beatle cd's from the library along with some a friend brought. Filled a jar with lemon heads and had the kids guess how many was in the jar.
We started off with Pizza, stuffed jalapenos wraped in bacon, and chips and finished off with cupcakes.
People got into the backdrops. Everyone looked so adorable in the fake mustaches and groovy glasses. The night ended with an outdoor movie of Diary of a Wimpy Kid. Parker had a blast. And it looked like friends enjoyed themselves. We were so happy to celebrate with friends and loved ones. Parker said it was his best birthday ever. I am so glad that he appreciated it. It was alot of fun to plan. Plus I had so much fun shopping with my friend Silvia who shared in the search for everything.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment