Hall blog

Family, Friends, Adventures, and Decor

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Decorating for Christmas/Random photos from around the house

I have fallen in love with milk glass. I have a great source in town. I have more luck there than at goodwill or salvation army. I picked up each piece for no more than $2.00. They are versatile pieces. I have been known to use them to serve my hummus or guacamole in.
My table has seen better days. Years of family meals have taken it's toll on the poor thing. One of these days I am going to get up enough guts and paint it. I love all the diy blogs with info on furniture painting. Those folks are so brave!
I promised some seasonal pictures of what I do to the hutch to add festivity. So here you go. This is what I created this year.

Every year my husband buys me a snow globe and I display my collection in the hutch.











Last year The kids made those adorable felt gingerbread houses, pipe cleaner trees, and snowmen. They had there own space to be displayed.


No comments:

Post a Comment