Hall blog

Family, Friends, Adventures, and Decor

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

moments

The snow was just beautiful today. We have been getting more fresh air this winter than we have in the past (because of the puppy) and I have remembered how when I am bundled up properly I love the chill of the air in my lungs. I may not always feel that way for the rest of my life. As I age I wonder how much of that will become a nuisance to me. Being sick for the past couple of days has caused me to value rest over anything else. And that rest has given me much needed space. No planning, no endless to do lists, The house work took a step off my shoulder. Can't really be nagged by something I can't do anything about right now anyway. As I wait outside with Izzy I just watch the light snowflakes as they flutter down. My neighbor has an evergreen tree in her backyard that against all of the bare trees stands out like a majestic king. Incomparable in beauty.
I thank you Lord for this time and season. I thank you for quieting me enough that I can see the beauty.

1 comment:

  1. that was poetic, Tiff! glad you got some rest. sometimes i wish I would get sick just so I'd have an excuse to lay in bed for a couple days.

    ReplyDelete