Hall blog

Family, Friends, Adventures, and Decor

Monday, October 17, 2011

day in the life

Well last night Payton woke up in the middle of the night and was having trouble breathing. I had thought he had strep (from bro) and his throat was swollen so i gave him some medicine and got him calmed down and breathing through his nose. So I took the day off of work and hung out with him. He acted fine all day and said that his throat didn't hurt. I had called the doc to get some meds and she said she wanted to see him because it was past the incubation period for strep to show up. So I took him to the doc and she said he didn't have strep and couldn't find anything wrong with him. She told us to watch it closely. So we went about our day. We ended up going to an activity for boyscouts and sure enough it is night time and he is barking like a seal. Took a trip to the pharmacy for some meds. It sounds just like croup. Not sure what to do now. I gave him some chest congestion medicine and allergy meds in case it was related to that. My cold mist humidifier is broken so that is off the list. He is sleeping but I can occasionally hear this terrible cough. Poor guy.

1 comment:

  1. aw, poor guy. hope he feels better. sage has been coughing (mostly at night and early morning) for over a week. hopefully just a virus. :(

    ReplyDelete